On Wed, Aug 09, 2006 at 01:37:00PM -0700, Brian G. wrote:
> so? they're basically the same thing where one is literal and one isn't.
>
> if they're two different things than why even lump them together under a
> word that is Bad?  why not (again) call things what they are rather than
> forcing new meanings to words that don't apply..  create "translation"
> and "transliteration"

My proposal is about the relationship, it's not really concerned with the
wording used for the release attribute for the translations and
transliterations -- that's just the direction I feel we should go after
this. If that's your only complaint, could it at least wait until we reach
the step where we talk about actually adding this attribute?

--Nikki