On Aug 9, 2006, at 2:50 PM, Nikki wrote:
While I do agree with this, I feel that if we ban transliterations and
translations, we're not doing ourselves any favours.

Secondly, all of this data can be used later with NGS. We would be *stupid*
to delete all the transliterations and translations right now.

I never suggested that we ought to get rid of them. I am mainly concerned about making this an approved practice.

...didn't you say the tagger users pay the bills?

They do, and I want to support them. But that does not change the fact that our primary purpose is a music encyclopedia and a tagging system second. But, income is increasingly coming from other sources these days -- which I welcome wholeheartedly.

Rules that follow from bad practices are bad rules.

Maybe so, but rules that go completely against current practise will be
hard to enforce.

Can't argue that either.

--

--ruaok      Somewhere in Texas a village is *still* missing its idiot.

Robert Kaye     --     [EMAIL PROTECTED]     --    http://mayhem-chaos.net