Well then we need to change them into good practices. But you cannot just create a rule to forbid transliterations and translations, that won't work.

this issue was mostly ignored, or deemed not as important as it looks now. I wasn't aware that there are thousands of releases in the database which follow this practice (thats your claim, i haven't investigated), i thought it was only a minority. Afaik, and from what robert has written, this wasn't clear for him, too. Anyway, its time that this is dealt with now, but i'm pretty convinced that the current way (ie how DiscID ans fingerprints are attached) is the worst possible solution, and should be sorted out asap.

--keschte