Mangled wrote:
To be consistent with the other stuff on this page, it would go like:

"
* artist or URL provided liner notes on release or track
* release or track has liner notes by artist or URL
"

Oh I wasn't implying to be consistent with them, I also think that looks ugly.
;)
Just that we put it in that section.

Now, personnaly, I would simply strip it off to the following:
"
* artist wrote liner notes on release
* release has liner notes by artist or URL
"

I liked "for" more, and you surely forgot to strip off the "URL" here. ;)

(a) because "Liner notes" provided by an URL are no longer "Liner
notes", but are a "Third party review" IMO (except possibly in the
case of net releases?)

Yeah, URLs make no sense here.

(b) because I can't imagine liner notes per-track (hence I think this
AR only apply to releases, not to tracks)...

I have at least one album where the members of the band talk about every track
in detail.

(c) because I feel "provided" is ambigous, and wrote looks better...

Yup.

And well, we may have "additional" for this AR.
It can be usefull when a reissue provides the original Liner notes and
also new "additional" liner notes.

Or when one person wrote the main blurb and another one wrote a smaller one.

Simon (Shepard)