On 9/8/06, Simon Reinhardt <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
Mangled wrote:
> To be consistent with the other stuff on this page, it would go like:
>
> "
> * artist or URL provided liner notes on release or track
> * release or track has liner notes by artist or URL
> "

Oh I wasn't implying to be consistent with them, I also think that looks ugly.
;)
Just that we put it in that section.

> Now, personnaly, I would simply strip it off to the following:
> "
> * artist wrote liner notes on release
> * release has liner notes by artist or URL
> "

I liked "for" more, and you surely forgot to strip off the "URL" here. ;)

> (a) because "Liner notes" provided by an URL are no longer "Liner
> notes", but are a "Third party review" IMO (except possibly in the
> case of net releases?)

Yeah, URLs make no sense here.

Actually, liner notes _at_ a URL may be worth thinking about. I can
think of some artists official discographies that provide a full
reproduction of the text of the liner notes.  It would be nice to be
able to link to them.

> And well, we may have "additional" for this AR.
> It can be usefull when a reissue provides the original Liner notes and
> also new "additional" liner notes.

Or when one person wrote the main blurb and another one wrote a smaller one.

Both these seem to be fairly common, just looking around my own CD's.

Regards,
--
Lauri Watts