Kuno Woudt wrote:

> I'm quite ok with calling such releases soundtracks, that's not what the
> RFC is about.

Well, if those can be called soundtracks, then I don't see why being CD
audio makes it otherwise.

> The RFC is specifically about cdrom games which happen to have 1 or more
> tracks as cd audio.  They currently get marked as soundtrack, which to
> me is confusing, because:
>
>     - it's not the intent of the media
>     - they usually don't contain all in-game music, in some cases they
>       contain only stuff which isn't in the game at all.

I may not be qualified to comment on this, as the only album (game) I
have like this is Quake, and in that case I think it certainly qualifies
as a soundtrack (since the game uses it directly for in-game audio, and
it was as far as I know the only release of the soundtrack).  I think in
that case it was kind of "free bonus soundtrack [implicitly] included"

Are there any games that include CD audio tracks on the game disc, that
also have a separate soundtrack?  Most modern games tend to have the
audio compressed in some manner as "data files" rather than CD audio,
and at the time when uncompressed CD audio was common, it was pretty
rare to see game soundtracks (in my experience).

-Alex Mauer "hawke"