On 26/02/2008, Philipp Wolfer <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> On Mon, Feb 25, 2008 at 6:59 PM, Olivier <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
>  >
>  >  Hence, for now, as this may be more heavily discussed, here is a *raw*
>  >  draft of it (without the wiki bells, doc sugar and polish it will
>  >  require later on):
>  >  http://wiki.musicbrainz.org/dmppanda/wdaurdraft
>  >
>  >  Please bring up any major issue you have with it - though, let's keep
>  >  in mind both the purpose of it (*not* a new proposal, rather stating
>  >  *what we do*) and that this is a *practical* guideline (a pair of
>  >  corner cases or rare exceptions should *not* be a reason to throw it
>  >  entirely)
>

> Interesting read, and I generally agree with it. But I just happened
>  to duplicate an existing release for a re-issue:
>
>  The Sentenced album "North From Here"
>  (http://musicbrainz.org/release/d1295a51-2438-4bcb-a9a7-6eff85f243c6.html)
>  was just re-issued as a two CD set, the first dics containing the
>  original release
>  (http://musicbrainz.org/release/7100376c-9737-4d91-b0f3-4745e3853085.html)
>  and a second disc with a re-issued demo and EP. I thought about adding
>  another release event to the existing release for disc 1 but decided
>  to duplicate the first disc instead.

shouldn't the second disc be a (bonus disc) as per
http://wiki.musicbrainz.org/BonusDisc

assume it should be, you wouldn't need (disc 1)

>  * The new release has additional liner notes and I wanted to add liner
>  notes ARs. Those would of course not be true for the original release.

assuming the (bonus disc) is accurate, this is the strongest reason
for keeping them separate IMO, but i don't think our current concept
of a releases would allow for it, seeing as we merge everything else.
you'd have to annotate to say "this release does NOT contain the liner
note credits @ xxxxxx" or something, else people will just think it's
mergeable.

>  * The Amazon ASINs for both releases are different

can add multiple ASINs to one release. perhaps they should be
per-release event (as should discogs links) but i think this is
jumping the NGS gun a bit.

>  * (Different Cover Artwork)

the artwork argument IMO isn't so important because amazon don't get
the art right for single ASINs all the time :/