leivhe wrote:

> Brian Schweitzer wrote:
>> If I gave you just one, you'd assume I cherry picked it.  Here's a
>> dozen or so, just pulling from the first 30 on my "messy releases
>> list".
>> http://musicbrainz.org/show/release/?releaseid=57554
>
> http://www.amazon.com/Mozart-Relaxation-Richard-Stoltzman/dp/B00000I9M0

etc.

Leivhe, a virtuoso bit of research!  But I think it misses the larger point.

The point really ought to be, are the track titles Brian points out really
the quality level we want to settle for in MB? I think they aren't good
enough for my satisfaction, and I imagine even many tagging consumers would
be dissatisfied.  The purpose of the CSG is to tell contributors what
quality level and style to aim for.

"Andante" isn't good enough.  "Andante K. 315", as Amazon seems to indicate
is on the Release package, is much better, because of the catalog number.
The CSG gives a contributor encouragement to add in that "K. 315".

-----
     -- http://jdlh.com/ Jim DeLaHunt , Vancouver, Canada  •
http://wiki.musicbrainz.org/JimDeLaHunt