Chad Wilson a écrit :
> The issue at the moment is that the problem is too big. I think we need a
> streamlined process for a period of time to try and clean out the bulk of the
> old/outdated crud so that the time can gradually be spent more on
> maintenance/improving/reviewing rather than restructuring/deleting/tidying.
>
> Questions I have:
> - How should deletion currently work?
> http://wiki.musicbrainz.org/CandidateForDeletion and
> http://wiki.musicbrainz.org/DeletedPage are currently confusing.

The deletion process we used with dmppanda was somehow this one :
1. Mark the page as a CandidateForDeletion indicating a reason.
2. Wait 30 days and let the eventual discussion happen. Then mark the
page as DeletedPage if agreement has been reach (no discussion means
noone disagree :p)
3. Let's wait 30 new days before really removing the page.

And I see that we also have http://wiki.musicbrainz.org/Cards/DeletedHeader.

Sure, we could make things easier.

> - Having the full search macro disabled makes WikiWardening very difficult.
> Moreso, there are several important pages from a user perspective that rely
> on a FullSearch. What's the plan for re-enabling this or reducing our usage
> so we /can/ re-enable it?
> - Where is the MoinMoin upgrade stuff at?

In the hand of djce & dmppanda. I don't have more info.

BTW, I figured nearly one year ago that we should migrate to MediaWiki,
because it may better fits our needs (true categories support, advanced
templates (Moin cards are limited), native discussion page for each
"article", namespaces).
However I feel discouraged by the needed work, and stopped my investigaton.
> - Did we have agreement on use of the cards? And the DocumentationFooter?
> e.g. http://wiki.musicbrainz.org/ReleaseDate When can/should I start
> transcluding content that includes the cards; or has this begun already?

I think we have an implicit agreement. So yes, you can use Cards and
transclude pages using them.

Aurelien / murdos