2010/4/4 Lukáš Lalinský <lalin...@gmail.com>:
> Think of works outside of the classical genre, think of them as
> "songs". Songs usually do have an artist associated with them. For
> example, most Beatles songs were composed by Lennon/McCartney, but not
> all of them. Would you not find it useful to see a list of all Beatles
> works, including cover versions of other songs they made? You can
> argue that you can take the band member's ARs and show those works.
> It's not that uncommon that totally unrelated artist compose songs for
> performers (most pop songs), yet you would like to see the songs also
> under the performers.

Btw, I also considered only using ARs for this and link the songs to
Beatles or Britney Spears by ARs, but at the end I found it more
practical to use a direct artist link. Using only ARs would be
cleaner, but it would require a different user interface, which would
delay NGS even more. Migrating from the direct artist link to ARs in
the future shouldn't be that difficult.

Lukas