> > Btw, I also considered only using ARs for this and link the songs to
> > Beatles or Britney Spears by ARs, but at the end I found it more
> > practical to use a direct artist link. Using only ARs would be
> > cleaner, but it would require a different user interface, which would
> > delay NGS even more. Migrating from the direct artist link to ARs in
> > the future shouldn't be that difficult.
>
> So, works for pop artists would be filed under the pop artists, not
> the composer?

Imho, at least, no - I'd agree that that would be counter to the point of
works...  (Plus, then, who is the artist when dealing with a work performed
by multiple different pop artists?  Wouldn't this essentially fragment works
into being a useless version of the recordings list?)

> That actually does sound quite useful as a way to find
> all "songs" by an artist,

I'd think that purpose would be handled by the Artist Recordings listing,
not the Works listing...

> ignoring different versions, but opposite to
> what I had assumed and not what I typically think of as a "work".

Agreed.

Brian