2010/10/6 Jeroen Latour <t...@jeroen.la>

> Hi Frederic,
>
> On Wed, Oct 6, 2010 at 9:55 AM, Frederic Da Vitoria
> <davito...@gmail.com>wrote:
>

>> Quite unimportant, but I'd write "This relationship is used to link an
>> entity <http://wiki.musicbrainz.org/MusicBrainz_Entity> to the
>> artist<http://wiki.musicbrainz.org/Artist>who wrote it" instead of "This
>> relationship is used to link an
>> entity <http://wiki.musicbrainz.org/MusicBrainz_Entity> to the
>> artist<http://wiki.musicbrainz.org/Artist>who wrote the song" since the AR
>> may apply to a Release. Also, I don't think
>> this would apply to any entity, only to
>>
>>    - pre-NGS: Release, Release Group, Track
>>    - post-NGS: Recording, Release, Release Group, Track, Work
>>

> Currently it's only Release and Track, to match the approach taken with
> composer and lyricist. I could add Release Group, but then we should
> probably also add it to composer/lyricist.
>
> Post-NGS, shouldn't this become a works-only AR?
> By the way, if the passing of this RFC depends on a change of UI, I doubt
> it's going to be introduced pre-NGS anyway.

You are right, post-NGS it definitely will not be Track-Artist. But an
"additional" AR for a recording, maybe. It depends on where we draw the line
between works. If an artist adds a few verses in his cover of a song, will
this be a separate Work? If the answer is yes, no problem, but if not,
shouldn't he be credited in MB? Then we would need to enable this AR for
Recordings too.

--
Frederic Da Vitoria
(davitof)