Since everybody (but me) seems to be comfortable with the fuzziness of the
"wrote" concept, I will not block the process, even If the checkbox button
or drop-down menu solution (as suggested by Per and Alex) would be a much
more elegant (and less error-prone) solution.

As for the example I still think it should be changed: In the case of "She
loves you" it is actually known (from the artists themselves as quoted on
wikipedia) who composed (both!) and who wrote the lyrics (both!) and thus,
following the guidelines: ("It is known whether the artist was responsible
for the lyrics and/or the music") the "wrote"-AR should not be used here. I
can't find a better example – and don't have the time to search for one
right now.

Chris