In my opinion, it's a problem with the music player if it can't sort
unicode characters properly and I would just use what's in the artist
name. We already permit a huge range of characters (mainly accented
ones) which would be problematic for something which doesn't know how to
sort non-ASCII characters. Plus, replacing the characters in sortnames
when tagging with Picard can be done in exactly the same way as
replacing them in artist names if it's a problem for someone. ;)

Nikki