Thoughts off the top of my head:

1. I’m generally in favour of changes that makes our guidelines less ambiguous.

2. I’m of the opinion that apostrophes used with personal names should be removed in sort names. Example: “John Smith’s Awesome Orchestra” would ideally become (IMHO): “Smith, John, Awesome Orchestra”

3. Since the intent is to provide lexicographical collation, I wonder if there should be any punctuation should be retained in sort names at all.

4. If we do retain punctuation in sort names, I would suggest that we do explicitly establish punctuation character equivalency (' == ’) or limit the characters that should be used.

Paul