While I don't see a real problem here (I never actually saw such a case,
which – if necessary – can easily be resolved by one simple edit replacing
the ASCII character in the sortname by the typographically correct one ;-)
we do have a more acute problem with sortnames. Right now the guidelines
asks for maintaining all sorts of diacritics for the sortname: This leads to
some absurd results: right now bands using diacritics like "Die Ärzte",
"Àgua na boca" or "Les Épis noirs" sort after "Renato Zero", "Warren Zevon"
or "Zucchero" (and "Gilbert Bécaud" after "Carla Bruni"). "Chris de Burgh"
(sortname "de Burgh, Chris") also (because of the lower case initial) sorts
after all "Z"-Names. Any chance to get this sort routine corrected?