On Mon, Jul 25, 2011 at 9:19 AM, Jim Patterson <musicbrainz.r...@ncf.ca>wrote:

> **
>

> How prevalent is the use of paper (not cardboard) sleeves, anyways?  In my
> experience, they're non-existent for official releases. Cardboard sleeves
> are quite common, though, especially for low volume releases. I'm not very
> familiar with other markets though.

I was thinking mainly of 7" records when I mentioned this.  I've got boxes
of them that range from plastic sleeves to thin paper to heavy cardstock
(and a couple that came in mylar anti-static bags, actually).  I think one
reason this wouldn't be a huge problem is that we usually have a good
general idea what kind of material is used with which releases.  We probably
want to save detail for things like "gatefold".
--Torc.