On Wed, May 16, 2012 at 11:33 PM, practik <kronp...@yahoo.com> wrote:

> Nicolás Tamargo de Eguren wrote
>>
>> apart from the already existing "what's a medley" problem, are there
>> any other issues people have with it?
>>

> I've been waiting for a dev response to the (possibly overly ambitious) join
> phrases I suggested on March 5 and again on March 26:
>

> practik wrote
>>
>> I think picking the right join phrases is the key to preventing confusion
>> here.  The potential trouble spots I see are "partial medley of" and
>> "cover medley of," because the attributes would seem to apply to the
>> entire medley, though really they only apply to parts of it.
>>
>> [...]
>>
>> EDIT: is a {*partial*} {live} {instrumental} {cover}
>> {performance|*medley*} of
>> RESULTS: (on release and recording pages) medley including parts of:, (on
>> work pages) partially included in medleys:
>>
>> E: is a {partial} {*live*} {instrumental} {cover} {performance|*medley*}
>> of
>> R: live medley of:, included in live medleys:
>>
>> E: is a {partial} {live} {*instrumental*} {cover} {performance|*medley*}
>> of
>> R: instrumental medley of:, included in instrumental medleys
>>
>> E: is a {partial} {live} {instrumental} {*cover*} {performance|*medley*}
>> of
>> R: medley covering:, covered in medleys:
>>
>> E: is a {*partial*} {*live*} {*instrumental*} {*cover*}
>> {performance|*medley*} of
>> R: live instrumental medley covering parts of:, partially covered in live
>> instrumental medleys
>>

> Hawke thought it might not be possible for join phrases to be that dynamic,
> but we never got confirmation (or denial) of that.

Sadly, join phrases can only depend of whether *one* attribute is
present or not (in the way that you can change different things if
different attributes are present, but you can't change the same thing
in different ways if two attributes are combined). So this is not
possible at the moment I'm afraid.

> Patrick
>

> --

Nicolás Tamargo de Eguren