On 23 May 2012 09:04, jesus2099 <hta3s836gzac...@jetable.org> wrote:
> Hello
>
> If we want to reproduce the released type as said by the artists
> and labels, we are missing a few options in our RG types
>
> http://wiki.musicbrainz.org/RG#Type
>
> As those two terms (MINI ALBUM and MAXI SINGLE)
> are very frequently seen on many OHP :
>
> MA. We could add a [x] MINI check-box to ALBUM RG Type.
> MS. We could add a [x] MAXI check-box to SINGLE RG Type.
>
> What do you think, you MB stylers ?
> I don’t actually think it is really so absolutely necessary to
> specify everything but some people miss this
> http://musicbrainz.org/edit/17641614 and we are already
> specifying other very precise stuff as the diameter of the record, etc.
>
> Tristan (jesus2099 / patate12)
>
> -----
> mb : http://musicbrainz.org/user/jesus2099
> mb userscripts : http://userscripts.org/users/31010/scripts
> black hole : *@jetable.org (stuff sent there won’t reach anyone)
> crap® : jesus2099, Ti, Tristan, patate12, saucisson7, so6on, so6on7,
> TRISTANVS, M. PATATE, j2-, J2♥, Trí Tân, 鳥, トリ29, TD., iCAT, …
> --

What would you say is the difference between a mini-album and an EP?
I would have thought the terms fairly interchangeable.

I can see maxi-single being useful, though how we determine which ones
are and which aren't will be tricky.  I've seen Amazon mark two track
CDs as maxis recently.
--
Andii :-)