Andii Hughes wrote

> On 23 May 2012 09:04, jesus2099 <hta3s836gzacohe@> wrote:
>> MA. We could add a [x] MINI check-box to ALBUM RG Type.
>> MS. We could add a [x] MAXI check-box to SINGLE RG Type.
>> --
>
> What would you say is the difference between a mini-album and an EP?
> I would have thought the terms fairly interchangeable.
> {…}

Well I don’t think EP is same as mini album.
In fact there are EPs (I don’t have any but generally seems nowadays to
rather be some wesh wesh yo yo kind of releases) and mini albums.
Some artists have both kinds for instance :
See mini album called  “絆” in albums
http://www.vap.co.jp/galneryus/disc/disc_main.html#a
See EP called “BEGINNING OF THE RESURRECTION” in singles
http://www.vap.co.jp/galneryus/disc/disc_main.html#s

This RFC proposal is just aimed to follow artist/>/label intent, we just
follow what they say the release is and note it as is (just like we follow
them when they invent words or just like we could also have a new
[COVER] ALBUM sub-type / check-box / option).
This RFC is only requesting for two missing options / check-boxes /
sub-types.
There should be nothing to worry about EP as they already have a Type.
A later or separate RFC could fix EP if there is need so.
(and yes, my english is weirdo)

Andii Hughes wrote

> {…}
> I can see maxi-single being useful, though how we determine which ones
> are and which aren't will be tricky.  I've seen Amazon mark two track
> CDs as maxis recently.

Like I already said, we would just acknowledge what artist/>/label say it is
and display it to MB users.
I did not mention any other source for typing a release.
If the artist/>/label doesn’t refine the type more than ALBUM or SINGLE, we
let those defaults.

Tristan. (^_^;)

PS. artist/>/label means artist is more important whether there would be
inconsistency between those two official sources.

-----
mb : http://musicbrainz.org/user/jesus2099
mb userscripts : http://userscripts.org/users/31010/scripts
black hole : *@jetable.org (stuff sent there won’t reach anyone)
crap® : jesus2099, Ti, Tristan, patate12, saucisson7, so6on, so6on7, TRISTANVS,
M. PATATE, j2-, J2♥, Trí Tân, 鳥, トリ29, TD., iCAT, …