Frederic Da Vitoria wrote
> ...if a recording is released then edited and this edit is it self
> released, the edited recording would be
> considered as the same as the first...

The definition clearly states these would be two recordings. The first one
(A) is "A recording is a captured series of sounds". The second
"incorporates existing recordings" (A), and is "the product of ... editing".

Frederic Da Vitoria wrote
> a Recording is always released

Under the current definition, I'm not sure this is true. What about
standalone recordings? Personally, I think anything accessible to the public
in some form should be considered released.

symphonick wrote
> "In MusicBrainz, a Recording is either the result of mixing and/or editing
> one or more audio tracks, or a released unedited recording."

"A recording is a released unedited recording" seems circular.

symphonick wrote
> "In MusicBrainz, a Recording is a released audio track, either
> mixed/edited or unprocessed."

This doesn't explain what an audio track is: essentially, a released
recording.

Perhaps:

"A recording is a captured series of sounds including musical, spoken, and
other sounds, or the product of mixing and/or editing of one or more other
recordings. MusicBrainz is concerned only with recordings that have been
released."

This would be wide enough, but would exclude, for example, the individual
instrument recordings from the recording sessions.