symphonick wrote
> 2013/8/14 lixobix <

> arjtaplin@

> lixobix wrote
>> Here are some particular issues:
>> symphonick wrote
>>> The work title field in MusicBrainz should only contain the title given
>>> by the composer, sometimes along with a catalogue number.
>> contradicts
>> symphonick wrote
>>> If the original title by the composer is rarely used, put the "modern"
>>> title in the disambiguation comment field.

Sorry, I was getting in a tangle here.

1) Surely the disambiguation should be used for distinguishing between
similar works, not somewhere to put data that doesn't fit in the main title.
2) The issue I was referring to was that if the title should "only contain
the title given by the composer", then surely the modern title is
irrelevant.
3) Why not put the modern title as an alias?

lixobix wrote

> symphonick wrote
>> If a work is available with translated titles and it is unclear which is
>> the original, use the language of the first performance…
> contradicts
> symphonick wrote
>> Translated titles, such as "The Firebird" and "Christmas Oratorio" should
>> be entered as aliases.

Contradicts, because the second says translated titles are aliases, whilst
the first says they may be the title where the original language is unknown.