So it's been established that the translations are indeed "what's on the
cover", and we are always on shaky ground when it comes to that because
some editors rate that very highly.

Not that I'm bitter or anything, but having been previously outvoted
when I objected to an editor changing a track title to "Translated
Title/Original Title", their argument being that that was how it was
printed on the cover, I know that there are other views out there. To my
mind that was a whole lot worse than "Translated Title (Original Title)".

I know this is the other way round to Per Starbäck's release, but for a
different example, look at
http://musicbrainz.org/release/f1057c2e-2981-467e-a581-f2ef2b926a11 .
The artwork (watermarked) can be seen at
http://www.folklorediscography.org/HNCD-1342.htm.
This album of Bulgarian songs was produced by Joe Boyd, essentially for
an English-speaking audience, and the cover has titles in Bulgarian with
English translations in parens. Does anyone here think that the
translations should not be in the track titles? Personally I find them
useful when listening to the music.