On 2008/10/09 10:52, Qball Cow <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> Hi people,
>
> Just a quick fix for an api-breakage in git.
> With commit 6dcd7fea (if I am not mistaken) the error returned when you
> try to save to an existing playlist is wrong.
> Instead of MPD_ACK_ERROR_EXIST, MPD_ACK_ERROR_NO_EXIST is returned. This
> is obviously wrong and breaks gmpc.
>
> Appended is a small patch to fix this.

Oops, my fault.  Thanks for the patch, I have applied it to mpd-mk.

Maybe time for a MPD test suite..?

> Furthermore I would like to request, once again, a way for the client to
> see if the/a playlist(s) have changed.
> Now there is no way for me to detect if another client modfied, added or
> removed a playlist.
> I know the listener protocol will probably solve this, but given that it
> could take a while before that is implement and I have rewritten gmpc to
> support it  I could use a workaround now. A simple counter that updates
> on a change is sufficient for me, to have it atleast consistent between
> clients.

There is already the playlist version.

> 3rd thing, is there a roadmap? I want to make one for gmpc, but
> without one for mpd....

I have no roadmap yet.  I have a lot of ideas, and I'm trying to get
stuff done, instead of writing a roadmap...  yes it would be useful,
but I think we'll talk about new features which require client support
when time comes.  Right now, I'm stuck with cleaning up the code base,
and only after this is finished I'll be able to implement protocol
extensions.

> 4th thing, what is going to happen with normalperson and cirrus mpd
> version. As client developer I am getting nervous seeing two
> separate branches I have to support. Because there are different
> plans as of features to implement in mpd this will be a problem for
> me in the future.

I know, and I feel sorry for that.  I have no choice but continue my
own branch (except quitting MPD development).  I want stuff in MPD
which isn't possible in the master branch.

> 7th. What is the state of the 30% cpu usage, alsa output bug? I kind
> of lost track of it. But the reports people still make, it is still
> an issue.

I'll work on that, but unfortunately, I've been busy with too much
other stuff.  It will be solved, and I am aware that it is important.