hi,

On 08/10/09 04:42 -0700, Eric Wong wrote:
> Max Kellermann <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> > On 2008/10/09 10:52, Qball Cow <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> > Maybe time for a MPD test suite..?
>
> That would be an excellent idea.  I've wanted one for a while but never
> found the proper time/motivation to do it.

i'm the maintener of perl modules Audio::MPD (successor of MPD.pm) and
POE::Component::Client::MPD, perl bindings for mpd (respectively
synchronous and asynchronous).

cpan modules have a long tradition of non regression tests, and those 2
modules also come with an extended test suite. note that this test suite
is more oriented towards client correctness rather than checking server
correctness, but i guess it can be a good start for mpd's own test
suite...

to get an idea of what it does, i invite you to download Audio::MPD at
    http://search.cpan.org/~jquelin/Audio-MPD-0.19.4/

and run the test suite with:
    perl Build.PL
    ./Build test