On 2009/02/25 09:57, Marc Pavot <m.pa...@gmail.com> wrote:
> There are 7 new patches available on my repository (
> http://repo.or.cz/w/libmpdclient/marc.git) :
> - Remove unused macros
> - Remove some CamelCase
> - Remove CamelCase for mpd_InfoEntity
> - Replace 'int' by 'bool' in search commands
> - Rewrite 'Search' interface
> - Use enum mpd_tag_type instead of int
> - Remove some CamelCase

Looks good, merged all of them!

> I have two general questions about libmpdclient:
> - Do you want to keep mpd_send_* methods centralized in mpd/command.h or do
> you prefer to dispatch them by functionnality in the different headers?
> (like mpd_send_status in mpd/status.h)

I'm not completely sure about that.  Many commands have no context and
do not need supplemental functions, that's what mpd/command.h is for.
I'd say, for more complex functions (search, playlistinfo, ..) which
need supporting functions, move them into separate headers.

> - Which guidelines do you want to put in place for code. For example:
>     - Use tabs of spaces

Tabs.  That's what most of the existing code uses.

>     - Methods appearing like this:
>     void mpd_toto (int titi) {
>
>     }

No.

>     or like this:
>     void mpd_toto (int titi)
>     {
>
>     }

Optionally use this if the return type is a short name.  "void",
"int", ... are ok, but the arguments are too far in the right once you
have a struct return type.

>     or like this:
>     void
>     mpd_toto (int titi)
>     {
>
>     }

I like this style most, but I have no hard feelings about choice 2 vs 3.

>     - Same question for if/for/while statements

Curly braces on the same line as if/for/while:

 if (x == y) {
 }

That's all a matter of taste.  I think only tab indentation is really
important.

> I you define these rules I can propose a patch to have a consistent code
> (it's not really the case now :-)).

I think the actual code is more important than the code style, IOW
don't waste time on adjusting code style unless you're planning to
work on that code section (correct code style in first patch, change
code in second patch).

MPD 0.15 will go alpha soon, I'll have some more time to work on
libmpdclient during MPD's feature freeze...