On Thu, Mar 26, 2009 at 3:02 PM, Jeffrey Middleton <jefr...@gmail.com>wrote:

> mpd:
>
> new move range command, available from:
> git pull git://git.musicpd.org/jefromi/mpd.git master
>       queue/playlist/command: move range
>
> I have tested this thoroughly but it is my first time working on this code,
> and it's a dangerous place to make an off-by-one mistake, so I figure some
> caution is in order.

I thought it was worth clarifying part of the move range command: it moves
the first song in the given range to the destination position, and the rest
of the range follows it.  (This much is said in the commit message)  This
can be counterintuitive; for example, to move the range to the end of the
playlist, the destination is the length of the range short of the end of the
playlist.  Similar trickiness to move to a desired position between two
existing songs.  This will mean some work on the client side,
unfortunately.  However, the alternative - having the block move to just
after (or before) the song in the indicated position - makes things as
simple as moving the block down one difficult - you have to specify a
position one after the end of the range, rather simply the position one
greater than the starting position.  To sum up, I think this is the method
that makes the most sense, but am quite open to suggestions.

Jeffrey