On Mon, 26 Oct 2009 15:37:46 +0000
Matt Wheeler <m...@funkyhat.org> wrote:

> There is already daap, and there are standalone daap servers, perhaps
> mpd could act as a daap client rather than inventing a new protocol.

daap is proprietary and i think we don't want to get issues with
apple because of it's licensing
(http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Digital_Audio_Access_Protocol#Description).
Further we had to look at itunes regularly if the protocol has changed
or such.. i don't think daap is an alternative.

> iTunes is already a daap client and server, for example (however
> iTunes will not speak to non-iTunes clients, but will speak to
> non-iTunes servers).

That's not good enough imo :/ and it's client/server again, isn't it?

> No need to reinvent the wheel when what you want is already there :-)

Hmm it must be validated if it really is already there...

> Thanks

Thanks too :) didn't know daap before...
Steffen