On 2013/01/25 20:01, Denis Krjuchkov <de...@crazydev.net> wrote:
> 25.01.2013 2:38, Denis Krjuchkov ??????????:
> >
> > Any ideas would be appreciated.
> >

> Here is my idea.
>
> I've done some code reading.
>
> Looks like the problem in the SocketMonitor/MultiSocketMonitor
> implementation.
>
> In the line 98 in SocketMonitor.cxx GPollFD is initialized directly:
>
>  > poll = {fd, 0, 0};
>
> This is not supported on Windows port of GLib:
>
> http://developer.gnome.org/glib/2.31/glib-The-Main-Event-Loop.html#GPollFD
>
>  > gint64 fd;
>  >    the file descriptor to poll (or a HANDLE on Win32)

Can we somehow convert the integer file handle to a WIN32 HANDLE for
use in GPollFD?

> This probably could be fixed by copy-pasting some code from GLib which
> seems bad idea because GLib would be eventually removed.

How much is it?  If it's just a few lines, why not.

> Basing on what I've seen in the code MPD's event library seems close
> enough to drop GLib event-loop. Any other event-loop implementation will
> likely not suffer from such API differences. So once other event-library
> is used this problem would be resolved.

There are still a few missing pieces before we can replace the
GMainLoop completely.  See src/output/HttpdClient.cxx.

What is a replacement that runs on Linux (POSIX), Windows and Android?
Or shall we just roll our own?