I've made a helper patch for simplifying futher work.

It adds various configuration options to simplify dealting with
different event loop implementations.

Here it is:

http://git.musicpd.org/cgit/dk/mpd.git/commit/?id=46bab7e4b921b79924643bacd08dcd3d1404ceb6

Also during testing I've found that AlsaMixerMonitor depends on epoll
event loop (specifically on a AddCall method). This means it could not
be compiled when GLib event loop is used. I didn't find immediately
obvious way of fixing this, thus decided to leave it as is at the moment.

--
Denis