Martin Högman <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote on Tue, 26 Oct 1999:
> > Of course, the easy thing to do is to configure your local sendmail
> > daemon to simply route all mail through the same server that Pine
> > would've used, since that is probably the mail hub for your site
> > anyway.  Simply use that server as a "smart host."
>
> Ah. Then I guess I have to find out how in tarnations I do that. This could
> keep me occupied for a while. Guess The Manual can be my friend, but if you
> have any suggestions, I'd be glad.

One suggestion: don't use sendmail, use something else more easily
managed.

If you just want smart-host relaying, there are several alternatives,
starting with sSMTP (for links which are up all the time) to qmail
(a full-blown MTA like sendmail, only ... better -- IMHO).  And I forget
the name but I've seen on freshmeat announcements for some MTA which was
designed to be used on hosts with only occassional links to the net, eg.
dialup.

Mikko
--
// Mikko Hänninen, aka. Wizzu  //  [EMAIL PROTECTED]  //  http://www.iki.fi/wiz/
// The Corrs list maintainer  //   net.freak  //   DALnet IRC operator /