On Wed, Oct 27, 1999 at 11:29:41AM -0500, David DeSimone wrote:
> Bruno Daniel <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> >
> > Is it possible to implement opening a Netscape window upon clicks onto
> > http- and ftp-Links in mutt?
>
> Sure!
>
> > What's your opinion?
>
> Please have the code written up and bug-tested by this weekend.  :)
>

> On a more serious note:  Mouse-clicks already have a defined meaning
> within xterm:  They are used for cutting, selecting, and pasting text!
> So how is your xterm supposed to know when you're clicking in order to
> select some text, or clicking in order to pass the information to the
> inner program, Mutt, so that it can search for a URL to go to?

And you can use the cutting, selecting, and pasting text functionality
to click a URL. Select the URL with left and right mouse button in the
xterm running mutt and "paste" that into an open Netscape window. I
have urlview configured, but I use mostly the cut and paste method.
The disadvantage of urlview, in my opinion, is that it shows only the
URLs it finds in a message, but not any context.

--
Klaus Wacker              [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Experimentelle Physik V   http://www.physik.uni-dortmund.de/~wacker

PGP signature