On Thu, Dec 02, 1999 at 12:18:07PM +0100, Thomas Roessler said:
> There is no simple solution for this; you'll have to start a new
> instance of mutt, or you'll have to play a bit with postpone/reply.
>
> On 1999-12-02 11:58:48 +0200, Tom Weckström wrote:
> >
> > I would not like to reinvetn the wheel, and I am sure someone has already
> > done this:
> >
> > I need a hook to have a separate compose window when composing a new
> > message.

For this I do as T.R. said, or open mutt on a second VT (if that's
available in your system)

> > At the same time I need to be able to view the messages in my
> > folders (e.g. to gather some more information about the issue at hand)

Here I choose to attach a message ``A'' but never tag it to be actually
attached.

BTW,
There's a utility called `splitvt' which does just what it says (uh...
b&w only, but at least you can enlarge one of the screens).

--
Horacio                                 LC_mutt=es_ES
mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]                http://carlotha.ciberia.es/mutt/