Timothy Ball <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote on Thu, 08 Jun 2000:
> For reasons I can not understand (it's a job thing) My mail servers can
> neither do imap or nfs mount /var/mail. My only choice is to do pop3. How
> do I make pop poll the pop server? I looked through the docs and it seems
> there is no timer functionality for the "fetch_mail" command.

You can't.

If you can create crontab entries, you can create a cron job that runs
Mutt with some pushed keystrokes to execute the pop function.  However
you might run into problems with not having a tty for Mutt from the cron
job, but if not, then there's nothing else to stop this from working.

> (and no I can not use fetchmail, I have to have mutt do it. It sounds
> unreasonable but that's the way the higher ups have decided to do things)

Please replace or upgrade your higher ups and try again. :-)

Mikko
--
// Mikko Hänninen, aka. Wizzu  //  [EMAIL PROTECTED]  //  http://www.iki.fi/wiz/
// The Corrs list maintainer  //   net.freak  //   DALnet IRC operator /