On Thu, Jun 08, 2000 at 04:47:14PM -0400, David T-G wrote:
> How on earth is anyone getting mail now?  Can you mimic that?

Most of the ppl here use kpop (kerberos pop) support in eudora, or
outlook. I myself am adding kerberos support (again) into mutt, via a
SASL (Simple Authentication Support Layer), it does kerberos via GSSAPI.
The practical upshot of doing it this way is that when you POP yr mail
the body of the message is sent encrypted... and of course kerberos
allows you to log into the pop server w/o using a passwd.

> I won't go into wondering why you can't fake it with fetchmail or the
> like; I like Mikko's suggetsion about upgrading your higher-ups :-)

Fetchmail is frowned upon because of the fact that fetchamil basically
runs as a deamon.

> If you have access to the server, could you just read in an xterm from
> there?  Or perhaps you could grab your mail out of /var/mail and
> "deliver" it to $HOME somewhere...

The mail server no longer allows ssh/ktelnet access to "normal" users.

Basically what I would like to see is POP support in mutt to be on the
line of IMAP support, polling of mailhost and delivering it to an INBOX
or something similiar.

Course I'm having some issues w/ pop.c. I guess it's the fact that I'm
unfamiliar w/ the "mutt" way of doing things. One where can I add a
./configure option. (I am very unfamiliar w/ m4.) how do I add stuff to
init.h, and what format should it be in. And in pop.c where does the pop
mesgs actually get "stored" in the mailbox? Is it via the
mx_commit_message() function near line 280?

--timball

--
        Send mail with subject "send pgp key" for public key.
pub  1024R/CFF85605 1999-06-10 Timothy L. Ball <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>