Tim --

...and then Timothy Grant said...
% Hi all,
%
% Thanks for all your wonderful assistance in getting Mutt up and running. I
% haven't started Messenger all day, so your help was really useful!

Yippee! :-)

%
% I do have a few  other questions, two of them are not *really* Mutt
% related, but one of them is, so let me start with that.

*grin*

%
% Being a Mutt newbie, I don't know what negative side effects might be caused
% by my desire. The default Mutt behaviour has the j key going to the next
% message. I think I would prefer that it go to the next unread message. I
% think I am capable of writing the macro to make that happen. However, I
% don't know what undesirable side effects that might occur should I do this.
% Is there a downside that I don't see?

You can bind your keys any way you wish.  Since you have {J,K} bound by
default to {next,prev}-entry, along with {j,k} ({next,prev}-undeleted),
you can change <tab> from next-new to whatever and bind {j,k} to
{next,prev}-new and take off.

Can't help you much with color, and I swear by vi[m] :-)

:-D
--
David T-G                       * It's easier to fight for one's principles
(play) [EMAIL PROTECTED]      * than to live up to them. -- fortune cookie

PGP signature