On Friday, 09 June 2000 at 08:08, David T-G wrote:
> Hi, folks --
>
> Hokay; I finally have an imap test account and a build of 1.2 and I can
> confirm, once again, that making an imap connection and then exiting (not
> quitting), without even reading any messages, will change all of my 'N'ew
> message flags to 'O'ld.
>
> What do I need to do or attach to debug this?

Unfortunately there really isn't anything you can do about this. The
IMAP spec gives clients no control over the \Recent flag, which is
what distinguishes between New and Old messages. Most servers remove
the \Recent flag from all messages as soon as you open their mailbox,
automatically. RFC 2060 disallows clients to restore that flag. So, if
you find this behaviour annoying, I'd recommend that you unset
mark_old. That's what I do, anyway.

-Brendan

PGP signature