Gary --

...and then Gary said...
% On Tue, Aug 08, 2000 at 06:39:17AM -0400 or thereabouts, David T-G wrote:
%
% > Sure enough, your unmodified message is an old-style PGP message; my
% > magic procmail recipe (from PGP-Notes.txt) made it look right and off we
% > went.  Let us know how my reply looks to you...
%
% Daivd,
% Yes, it came through loud and clear in clear sign with the sigs in the
% text as the old style, not PGP/MIME.

Figured as much.

%
% How did you do that?  I really need to have Mutt use the old style at

In my gpg.rc file, I have

  set pgp_sign_command="gpg --no-verbose --batch --output - --passphrase-fd 0 --armor
--detach-sign --textmode %?a?-u %a? %f"
  set pgp_clearsign_command="gpg --no-verbose --batch --output - --passphrase-fd 0
--armor --textmode --clearsign %?a?-u %a? %f"

and I pick between them by setting pgp_create_traditional to no and yes,
respectively.

Oh, phooey.  In fact, I now realize that I forgot to turn it back off
after my test message to you, so a couple of messages have gone out the
old way.  Ugh.

% times without PGP/MIME.  I am on a PGP / GPG egroup and nobody (from the
% Windows side) can read my signed attachments unless they are in-line and

Wankers!

% the old style.  Can you tell me how to do that in Mutt?

For a price ;-)  I'd love to come up with a hook, perhaps based on
that would allow me to have mutt automatically set pgp_create_traditional
when replying to mail from users of Outhouse, Eudora, and now TheBat! so
that they can see the sig -- and perhaps even create an extra header
flaming them for having non-compliant mailers.  Wanna work it out?

:-D
--
David T-G                       * It's easier to fight for one's principles
(play) [EMAIL PROTECTED]      * than to live up to them. -- fortune cookie

PGP signature