On Tuesday, 26.09.2000 at 11:34 +0100, Lars Hecking wrote:

> Dave Ewart writes:

> > >  Set your locale properly. If that doesn't help, compile with
> > >  --enable-locales-fix.
> >
> > Thanks for the suggestion, Lars.  How do I set my locale?
>
>  Setting LC_CTYPE should be enough.
>
>  Example: in general, I prefer a C locale, but occasionally I do need
>  certain non-ascii characters. So here's what I am using:
>
> $ grep LC_ ~/.muttrc
> set editor="LC_CTYPE=en_IE.ISO8859-15 vi"
> set pager="LC_CTYPE=en_IE.ISO8859-15 less -ceiM +Gg"

I think my problem is with the Mutt internal pager not displaying stuff
right, since all other aspects involve using the editor Vim, and
characters display correctly.  Your external pager will mean that the
internal pager is never used.

Given a suggestion from someone else, I am going to see if anyone on the
Mutt-Dev list can shed any light on to this ...

Dave.
--
Dave Ewart
[EMAIL PROTECTED]