Suresh Ramasubramanian wrote:
> Using a large mallet, Mr. Wade whacked out:
>
> > I do this as well.  I think that perhaps I misunderstood the
> > original question.  I was under the impression that the asker
> > wanted to know how to have a default "To: [EMAIL PROTECTED]"
> > header specified when he loaded his mailing list mailbox folder,
> > so that he wouldn't have to enter that as input.  You seem to be
> > discussing sorting incoming mail rather than mail composition.
>
>  Well, I sort incoming mail, and then use folder hooks to set my from address.
>  Mutt's L (list reply to) along with "subscribe foo" in muttrc handles things
>  quite OK.

I agree,... but what about messages which are NOT replies?  I
think that's what the original question was about.  If he invokes
the <mail> function, (bound to "m" by default), he must then
specify a "To:" header address.  I think that's what he was
trying to automate.

--
Linux: The Choice of the GNU Generation