On Wed, Jul 18, 2001 at 09:21:24PM -0400, Ed Robitaille wrote:
> Ed Robitaille wrote>
> > In order to turn on color in xterm enter the
> > following line in ~/.Xdefaults
> >
> > *customization: -color
> >
> > This will turn on color in all apps that use color in an xterm window.

However I'm pretty sure that color ls in freebsd only works with xterm-color
(as far as the various xterm termcaps go).  I am pretty sure the person who
sent the original message was using freebsd.  I use xterm as my termcap on
Linux machines (even if I'm connecting from my workstations which are both
freebsd) but i use xterm-color in freebsd.  does anyone know for sure that
you can get the xterm-xfree86 termcap working on *bsd and that color ls still
works with it?