On Wed, 25 Jul 2001, Dominique Pelle wrote:

> On Wed, Jul 25, 2001 at 03:05:58PM +0200, Jens Paulus
> ([EMAIL PROTECTED]) wrote:

> [...cut...]

> > 1.) Editing an email with vim/mutt, I sometimes wish to insert/quote
> > text from another email that I'm not currently replying to.

> [...cut...]

> How about attaching another mail to the email you want
> to send?

> >From the send menu (before sending your email), press
> 'A' (uppercase A bound to the attach-message function)
> to attach another mail.

This puts the messages you tag in a separate attachment, rather
than in the body of the text you are now editing. However
you CAN pipe them in this special attach-message screen to cat,
to add them to the end of the message you are now editing, IF you
know the name of the temporary file your editor is editing the
message under. This can be all made 2 macros: one to rename the
temporary file to a standard name, and open the attach-message
screen and the second one to cat them to this newly named
temporary file.

However, when I lost these macros, I never rewrote them. I just
copy the stuff I want to add to a temporary folder and then read
it in my editor again.

I think the best answer of how to do this without opening a
second instance of mutt and cutting and pasting is to write some
function to do it in your editor, or use something like readmsg.

--
Greg Matheson                    Rather than doing things right,
Chinmin College,                 Doing the right thing.