On Sat, Sep 01, 2001 at 05:21:45PM +0100, Bruno Postle wrote:
> On Fri 31-Aug-2001 at 12:10:19PM -0700, [EMAIL PROTECTED] wrote:
> >
> > I use mutt both at home and at work on the same mailbox.  Yesterday it
> > mysteriously purged the last 15 days worth of email.
>
> You need to say what kind of mailboxes you use. imap, mbox, Maildir,
> whatever...

It's just the regular text file at /var/spool/mail/<username>  I guess
that's mbox?

> I had a similar problem with Maildirs accessed via nfs a couple of
> months ago. Some mail appeared to vanish, but was still there when
> viewed in mutt on the file-server.
>
> Nfs was reporting the files as empty. Lots of restarting nfs seemed to
> fix the problem and the mail reappeared :-)

I'm using NFS on the box, but not for the email spools.  Those are all
resident on local harddrives on the computer.

Thanks for the follow up.

Phil

--
Philip Edelbrock -- IS Manager -- Edge Design, Corvallis, OR
   [EMAIL PROTECTED] -- http://www.netroedge.com/~phil