On Mon, Oct 22, 2001 at 09:10:22PM +0200, Thomas Roessler wrote:
> On 2001-10-22 17:56:20 +0200, Martin Man wrote:
>
> >     just switched over to maildirs and realized that mutt moves all
> >messages from new/ subdir to cur/ after opening and closing given Maildir/,
> >messages are correctly marked as old, but because they're moved out of new/
> >some monitoring programs (gkrellm) which poll the new/ directory can't
> >count
> >them as unread messages.
>
> Then these programs should be fixed.

sure, have to go read specs, what's the correct behavior, I still think the
logical way is to leave unread messages in new/ folder, no matter whether
they're brand new or old (in terms of mutt), ..., they're simply unread and
therefore new, ...

someone knows what the specs says, btw: could the qmail suggesstions even be
considered specs,

imagine you're coding that program and you have to go into new/ to see brand
new messages and then search through cur/ to see which messages are considered
old (unread), you'd go crazy I think, remebering those "nice" old day of int21
in m$dog...

am I the forst who is missing this functionality in mutt ??? can't believe
it..

> --
> Thomas Roessler                        http://log.does-not-exist.org/

thanx,
martin
--
2CC0 4AF6 92DA 5CBF 5F09  7BCB 6202 7024 6E06 0223