Matthew, et al --

...and then Matthew D. Fuller said...
% On Fri, Oct 26, 2001 at 01:55:37PM -0400 I heard the voice of
% David T-G, and lo! it spake thus:
% > ...and then Matthew D. Fuller said...
% > %
% > % See the {ignore,unignore,hdr_order} config params.  Mine look something
% > % like this:
% >
% > Index, not pager.
%
% Ooh, ugh!  Coffee BEFORE mail!

*grin*

%
% Well, you can display the full message ID easily enough (%i), but just

I didn't know about %i, and that's cool, but you're right about the rest,
and it would be ugly.

% the host part would be tricky.  I think the 'best' way to do this would
% be at the source, not the destination.  Sticking a `hostname` in the

Same here.  Set the outgoing fullname to "root @ box" or some such and
then it shows up correctly in the index.

% subject would work, or having the From: address be set by hostname (%a in
% index) would work.  I don't think you'd be able to get just the hostname
% out of message-id in the index without some sourcery, though...

That's what we do best, though :-)

%
%
%
% --
% Matthew Fuller     (MF4839)     |    [EMAIL PROTECTED]
% Unix Systems Administrator      |    [EMAIL PROTECTED]
% Specializing in FreeBSD         |    http://www.over-yonder.net/
%
% "The only reason I'm burning my candle at both ends, is because I
%       haven't figured out how to light the middle yet"

:-D
(work) [EMAIL PROTECTED]

PGP signature