On Fri, Oct 26, 2001 at 04:01:56PM -0400, Daniel Eisenbud <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
wrote:
> On Fri, Oct 26, 2001 at 01:02:26PM -0400, Jeremy Hankins <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> > mh, of course, has an rmmproc, which I redefined to move messages to the
> > archive folder rather than deleting them.  If possible, I'd like to do
> > something similar in mutt, so that I can use all the delete stuff (by
> > message, thread, subthread, etc) but instead of simply deleting the
> > message it's moved to =Archive/<foldername>.
>
> Maybe make a folder-hook that sets a macro that on quitting,
> synchronizing, or changing folders, tags all the deleted messages and
> saves them to the proper mailbox first.  This should work, but I haven't
> tried it.

Alternately, you can make macros that tag a pattern and then save
tagged, or tag a thread and save tagged, etc, and use them instead of
delete.  This has the disadvantage that it will mess up any tags that
you've set for other things, so maybe it's best to do it at mailbox
closing...

-Daniel

--
Daniel E. Eisenbud
[EMAIL PROTECTED]

"We should go forth on the shortest walk perchance, in the spirit of
undying adventure, never to return,--prepared to send back our embalmed
hearts only as relics to our desolate kingdoms."
                                        --Henry David Thoreau, "Walking"