On Sat, Oct 27, 2001 at 11:15:08AM +0530, Suresh Ramasubramanian (dis)graced my inbox
with:
> > Now that's something I don't know much about. I am running a mail server
> > on my machine, but I don't actually use it for receiving mail - I use
> > fetchmail to get my mail from my ISP-given email address. As far as I
>
> Try this - http://www.linuxgazette.com/issue66/suresh.html - it might help.

Will do.

> > know, fetchmail just passes it right along to postfix normally, right?
> > Or does it just drop the mail straight into my spool file? If it's the
> > former, I might be able to do that...
>
> Depends on how you configure fetchmail.  The default is for fetchmail to talk
> to localhost:25 so your postfix (look at the sample pcre file in the postfix
> example configs for help) should bounce things rather nicely.

Well, when I ran fetchmailconf, I did a novice config. So I just
configured what users one what servers are me, the rest is default
settings. I guess that means fetchmail sends mail to postfix
automatically. I think I can prove that by showing you the fetchmail and
postfix Received: headers on my incoming mail :P

--
Rob 'Feztaa' Park
[EMAIL PROTECTED]

PGP signature