On Mon, Jan 07, 2002 at 12:52:25PM +0000, Steve Kennedy wrote:
> Why does everyone send signed emails to the list, is it always
> necessary ?
> It slows reading down, and digests dont look so nice ...
> I can understand that certain things should be signed, but it
> seems more than not are now signed.

This was answered on the list less than a week ago.

My answer, one of a few:

Signing messages, even if their content is harmless and relatively unimportant
is a good practise.  If you only sign 'important' messages, then it's easy for
people to forge messages from you -- they don't need to sign it.  The policy
should be that if it isn't signed, it isn't from you.

If you sign everything, that policy is realistic.  If you sign only some
messages, it is not.

--
rjbs