On Tue, Jan 15, 2002 at 04:23:34PM -0500, Jeremy Blosser wrote:
> On Jan 15, Maciej Kalisiak [[EMAIL PROTECTED]] wrote:
> > Is it possible in mutt to change the parent of a message in a thread?
> > And then have it be written to the mailbox so that the message keeps the
> > new parent in subsequent "mutt" invocations?
>
> Cedric Duval has a patch to do this, see: <http://cedricduval.free.fr/mutt/>

Oh! I find that "&" seems to be part of the vanilla distribution of
mutt (i.e., its in my help menu, and it works), at least in 1.3.25.
Excellent. Or is that patch you mention somehow different?

Anyhow, there seems to be a glaring but minor bug with the built-in
version: when I re-parent some threads, exit mutt, and go back to same
folder (i.e., the changes are written out to the mailbox and reread from
scratch), the re-parented messages are now flagged "N". This prompted me
to look at the headers of these messages. What seems to happen is that
when the "In-Reply-To:" field is added, it does not bear a newline at
the end; this causes the "Status:" field to become merely a continuation
of the "In-Reply-To:" line, losing its significance.

--
Maciej Kalisiak         [EMAIL PROTECTED]     www.dgp.toronto.edu/~mac