Is it possible in mutt to change the parent of a message in a thread?
And then have it be written to the mailbox so that the message keeps the
new parent in subsequent "mutt" invocations?

There's a lot of broken email programs out there which don't set the
right headers, and thus we all get tons of emails for which mutt has
to guess which thread they belong to (marked with "*" in the thread
arrows). Sometimes it guesses wrong. I save a lot of email, and would
like to keep it in proper threaded order. I obviously can guess much
better than mutt which thread these emails belong to. It'd be nice if I
could re-parent these "guessed" messages manually and then somehow commit
this change so that it sticks (perhaps have mutt write the proper headers
for that email?).

--
Maciej Kalisiak         [EMAIL PROTECTED]     www.dgp.toronto.edu/~mac